Sunday, July 5, 2009

Thing 16 Wikis

I like the idea of Wikis. I was very interested in starting one last year but with three schools it became a back burner idea. Also our district created new webpages for us to use that I thought I could use instead. They aren't turning out to be very user friendly so I am revisiting the idea of a library wiki that I can use with teachers and students. This will be especially helpful as I travel between my two schools. It will be more manageable and I will be able to keep up with multiple lessons and ideas more readily as I start developing lessons and activities with my teachers.

I like the idea of the subject guide wiki and a community wiki to help coordinate district events and opportunities. I think I will start with a lesson (resources) wiki that I can share with the teachers and my fellow librarians.

2 comments:

VWB said...

with responsibility of two schools, I think a wiki will serve you well. And maybe you can use your school webpage to be connected to the school/district and then link to your wiki where you keep adding stuff?

April said...

I think that is a good idea. The webpages are new for the teachers too so I will have to work on selling that to the teachers. Many are not used to using this technology consistently.