Monday, June 15, 2009

Thing 8 RSS

I like the RSS in that it allows one to put all the blogs in one central place. I like that it keeps track of updates etc... I will need to put it on my iggogle page otherwise I will forget to check it. I just added it to my phone so this will help me use it more often. I set up a bloglines account in the past and I just never got in the habit of checking it regularly. I just continued to check my blogs and sites individually.

I will need to set up folders for professional and personal sites. I think that will help me better organized and I can use the feeds to work more efficiently.

I think this would be very useful for teachers who use blogs with students. It would be a great way to keep track of posts etc... I could also see it being helpful for keeping up with curricular and professional blogs. I also like the idea of being able to follow blogs that interest me esp. those of friends and colleagues. On the elementary level it would be interesting to follow an author blog as a class.

No comments: