Thursday, June 25, 2009

Thing 13 Tagging

I have a delicious account that I have been using this year. Again it has been very helpful as I had three school last year. I could save a webpage at one school and access it at another. I do need to clean up and organize my tags a bit though. Some are a little haphazard.

I could see using this with students for research or exploring a unit further. But it looks like you have to open the whole site to the public/students so I would have to have two accounts one for personal bookmarks and another for school. Some sites are not safe for school or apropriate for elementary/middle school. It would be a good way to organize and put all web resources together in one spot. Students could easily search and find the appropriate sites using the tags.

I liked the DIGG site. It is interesting to see what other people are reading. It has a search tool that was helpful for finding relevant articles. Furl went to giigo which doesn't seem as user friendly as DIGG or delicious. Magnolia is down right now -the database brokedown. It will be a by-invitation community at the end of the summer.

Overall I can see how these would be helpful in compiling sites for students to access for research or lessons.

No comments: