Thursday, June 25, 2009

Thing 12 Commenting

I am a huge lurker. I read many blogs but seldom comment. I will challenge myself to comment more this summer. The two most important points I took from the successful commenting lessons were:
1)Leave meaningful comments. Be relevant and use real world examples. Create a dialog with the blogger and other commenters.
2) Criticize kindly. Don't be a Darth Commenter. Be positive. Be professional.

One blog I read regularly is that of my friend Monna. She was my housemate in Monterrey, Mexico when I was teaching there. She is now in Barcelonna, Spain and will be in Bangkok next year. She blogs mostly about her daily life and travels while living and teaching overseas. I comment infrequently on her blog. I will commit to commenting once a week to her blog.
http://teachermeetsworld.blogspot.com/
I also read a favorite author's blog but have never commented there. I have challenged a friend and myself to comment on her blog.

4 comments:

VWB said...

sounds like a good plan...starting small so that you don't feel overwhelmed! I think you will find it gets easier and it really does help the whole blogging thing become a community

April said...

Thanks for the words of encouragement VWB. I am a big believer in starting small. :)

SmithCounts said...

I, too, am a lurker, although I do not like that term at all. I have been so intent on accomplishing my 23 Things and reading how others are doing that I have lost sight about commenting. Think I will take the same challenge you did here. Like your Blog!

April said...

Thanks for the kind words SmithCounts. I have posted on my friend's blog and the author blog last week so I am feelings really good about my small steps. i just need to keep it up.